Why not give yourself a relaxing break and take the time to reconnect with your body and your mind? Getting a massage is a great way to do this, however, there are many types to choose from so it can be difficult to know which type of massage is right for you. In this article, we will go into detail about 6 different types of massage we offer at our salon, making it easier for you to choose which one is most suited to your wants and needs.
What type of massage to getThe purpose of every massage can be quite different. Depending on what you’re looking for, you could opt for either a therapeutic massage, a relaxation massage, an adventurous massage or even an erotic massage. As pleasant as they all are, it’s still important to know what each massage consists of in order to get the experience that’s right for you.
1. Swedish massageThe Swedish massage is one of the most popular types of massage in the world. It uses a very well-known technique consisting of a range of dynamic movements to completely relax your body. This type of massage aims to eliminate any muscle tension and improve your blood circulation. During the session, light strokes are used over different parts of the body. The masseuse caresses, kneads and stretches different areas, allowing your muscles to fall into a moment of deep relaxation, free from any knots and tension.
2. Balinese massageThis massage lasts about one hour and is both rigorous and gentle on your tired, tense muscles. It consists of a mixture of Indian and Chinese massage techniques and follows the principles of Ayurvedic medicine. It helps you to regain the equilibrium between your body and mind. The Balinese massage promotes awareness of the human body and awakens the senses for a unique and invigorating experience. It improves the quality of your skin by toning it and it can even help you to lose weight.
3. Thai massageInfluenced by Buddhism and traditional Chinese medicine, the Thai massage is part of the massage therapy group. This energy-based, holistic massage borrows its techniques from yoga and meditation. For the best results, we encourage:
- Dynamic and fluid stretching exercises
- Energy-based work throughout the massage, putting pressure on points that cross the energy lines
- Meditating and deep thinking during the massage